Our aspiration is to provide every homeless shelter child an opportunity to celebrate their birthday in a special and memorable way!
Working with Vendors
- We work with vendors who donate their goods, services, or equivalent gift cards to homeless children.
- Leveraging the variety of goods or services from generous vendors, we create birthday parties consisting of single or multiple vendor donations. For example, a birthday can be a pizza party with cake, balloons, face painting, crafts, and goody bags, creating the perfect birthday event package to combat homelessness for a child!
Working with Shelters
- We work with shelters who are eager to participate in the program for the benefit of needy children.
- Shelters register with our site and nominate a child (or several children) for a chosen birthday event in that month.
- We then work to put together a fun birthday event for the nominated children in the shelter.
- Shelter works with NBLB to manage the logistics of hosting the birthday party for the child and family.
- Child at shelter leverages the NBLB birthday services to celebrate a special birthday event with friends and family.
What do Vendors and Shelters get in return?
- A ‘thank you’ note from the family to the vendor who made the child’s birthday special
- Pictures shared from the birthday celebration
- Vendor’s logo on our website
- Tax deduction using our nonprofit tax id (write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply to you with our EIN number)